List of Resources to support Implementation of the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising
The following set of resources, including toolkits, templates and a sample complaints procedure have been developed by the Implementation Group as a useful support for putting the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising into practice in your organisation (which is part of meeting the requirements of the Charities Act 2009 in relation to fundraising).
The Implementation Group have augmented the resources available with a series of Good Practice Factsheets covering cash handling, data protection, Garda permits, raffles and lotteries, insurance and pre-signed mass cards.
ICTR developed and presented a series of free Online Educational Seminars for the charity sector throughout 2010 that highlighted the contents of the Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
If you would like to join future webinars and are not on our mailing list please email email@example.com.
This is an initiative funded by the Department of Community, Equality and Gaeltacht Affairs.
You will need Adobe Reader to view PDFs. Download Acrobat Reader here.
Guiding Principles for Fundraising
- Seven Steps to Sign-up to the Fundraising Principles
- Board/Governing Body Resolution
- Compliance Checklist
- Public Compliance Statement
Feedback and Complaints Procedures
- A sample procedure for charities, What a complainant can expect if s/he takes a complaint to the Monitoring Group,
Draft Public Statement(s)
- For use on websites, in Annual Reports and Annual Statements of Accounts, Including fulfilling the ‘comply or explain’ criteria
- Department of Community, Equality & Gaeltacht Affairs, Charities Regulation
- Charities Act 2009
- Street and House to House Collections Act 1962
- Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956
- Data Protection Act 1988 and Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003
- Irish Fundraising Forum for Direct Recruitment
- Dóchas’ Code of Conduct on Images and Messages
- Dóchas’ Irish Development NGOs Code of Corporate Governance
- Institute of Fundraising (UK) Codes of Conduct
- Fundraising Ireland
- Irish Charity Shops Association Code of Practice
- Association of Charity Lotteries in Ireland (ACLI) Code of Practice